Saturday, April 12, 2008

Nokia 5800 (Codename: Tube)

SymbianFreak has the scoop on the rumoured first touchscreen device from Nokia.

Now whether the phone was inadvertently or deliberately leaked by Nokia and shown in a slide at the Evans Data Developer Relations Conference in Redwood City, Calif., I guess that I am now allowed to write what I know about!?

If Nokia didn't want it to be leaked out, then they shouldn't have said anything about it! When the gossip starts there is no stopping it, and they should have expected it to be broadcast all over the web.

I think that we all owe Nokia a certain degree of respect with their products, like the way that they respect us with their services, but I am journalist; I got hot information and information is supposed to be shared!!! Of course in respect to Nokia I will have to keep most of this information secret!

Actually I am still in doubt about writing this, I’m not sure what to do, whether to simply inform you that the phone is real and should be available in the first quarter of 2009 or maybe I should write the very first hands on and support it with a few world exclusives and real photos of the first Nokia 5th generation S60 phone also known as Tube!?

Anyway, speaking of the Tube, (I will keep the real name secret but apparently it will not be an Nseries phone) it is what we expected but somehow I am a little bit disappointed, it will be the very first touch S60 phone but I am afraid that it will not be a flagship device and we can expect that the real touch beast will be announced shortly after this one.

Of course, it has a pretty respectable list of features, starting with a great high resolution (16:9) touch screen, larger than 3" but still smaller than 3,5". Yes it has a camera, a decent auto focus one that is way better than the one that we can find on an iPhone but still not as good as on the latest Nseries devices!

It is a quad band phone that also has a wide range of connectivity options: Bluetooth, uPnP , GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA and WLAN. Furthermore it has built in GPS and will support geottaging. All of this is even more impressive considering that all of these features are packed into relatively small and compact body with size of "_ _ _ _ ".

I’ll only say that it is similar in size to the Nokia N73 but it is maybe a little bit wider. One more thing, NO, there is no multi touch and YES there is tactility feedback!

That’s all for now, the iPhone killer is born!!!!

No comments: