Monday, December 10, 2007

N95 Menu Folders in V20

Here’s the menu in my N95 after upgrading to V20

image

Good looking huh?

S60 manages folders pretty badly in my opinion, when you create a new one, you can’t change it’s icon, and when you have a folder inside a folder (like the office folder in V20s firmware), you can’t move it to the main menu, which is bad in my opinion, since I like all my main folders in the main menu, but also like each one to have a special icon…

But then I remembered a little hack to put folders inside folders , I only had to modify the process a little bit, here’s how:

First pretend the “folder” folder is you office folder, and you want to move it to the main menu, but there’s no “Move to folder” option on the left softkey , you have to start by setting up like the screenshot, the folder you want to move at the last place, and any app you can easily install and remove in the place before, in my case I chose the MovingBall app.

image

Now go, and uninstall MovingBall thru the app. manager, quickly press menu, go to the apps folder and press options above the MovingBall app:

image

Now wait, the MovingBall app is being uninstalled, when it finishes uninstalling, its icon will disappear from the menu , leaving the folder hi-lighted, and the “Move to folder” option still available in the options!

image

And voila! Just move the folder!

And again, we shouldn’t have to use this method for moving folders , S60 should have this option right from the start, even better, they should allow changing folder icons, if BlackBerry OS can do it…

No comments: