Tuesday, December 2, 2008

SPM Examinations Ended, Holiday Fun Begins

Took long enough, but yesterday my SPM examinations finally ended, and with that came a new beginning! I have a month's free time before I go to college and what better time than to truly let my soul free and soak in all of life's experiences -the joyful ones of course.

Well I went down to KL today and got a Nikon D60 and some accessories, should be fun messing around with it, hoping to bring my photography skills to a whole new level.
...or so i thought.
Going to KL during the school holidays is anything but thrilling. The streets flooded with traffic and all that sort, was a real pain to getting there.

Perhaps the exam stress was still lingering around in my system, perhaps it was even fussy traffic moving about, but getting the D60 just didn't fuel me up with as much enthusiasm or excitement as when I got the N95 Classic last year. Still haven't figured that one out yet.. but what the heck, I was going to get my first SLR!

After getting back with the D60 in my hands, it actually felt pretty great. Built seemed much more solid than those feeble compacts i use to have. I was all pumped up to try it out. Reading the manual was both tiring and erhm.. boring at the moment, so I skipped ahead to fiddling with the D60 instead.

First impressions, the D60 seemed like an easy and user friendly camera to use. Hey, all the websites and reviews also say it's easy as heck to use right?
Whoops.. mistake, I underestimated the complexity of an SLR. It was only when I started hitting the shutter button that I realised it wasn't going to be easy to get images 'just right' with the D60. Bummer.

As blurry images fill my gallery, it seemed all to familiar with the night I bought my Sony N1. The 'what does this button do' moments just came back all over again. Well these are just my first impressions, but I'm sure the D60 will turn out to be a fine camera once I've suited myself. Keep your eyes peeled for more of my personal thoughts, reviews and pictures of the Nikon D60.

No comments: